Thanks for checking out Dime.
We'll be the "data controller" of the information you provide to us.
DIME offers a suite of solutions: a branding solution and a social media creation and management solution(available in different kinds of plans which are open to change) that are accessible via our websites. Our social media management solution allows you to bring together all of your social media accounts for easy access and management through a single online portal. Through this portal, you can manage your social media, manage content created and scheduled by DIME and publish messages (or have them published on your behalf), and analyze the results of these activities. With our branding solution, you can create your brand assets by filling in our insight analysis. Collectively, we refer to these solutions as our “Solution”. Any kind of services including our Solution will be referred as our “Services”.
Any collection, use, and management of personal information by the social networks, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn (collectively, the “Social Networks”) are governed by their respective privacy policies and terms. When using Social Networks, you are required to comply with their privacy policies and terms. We recommend you carefully review their privacy policies and terms, as DIME is not responsible for the Social Networks.
To place your order for our Solution, you may need to make a payment for the relevant plan we are offering, that you are purchasing. In order to process your payment we use Stripe, a third party payment processor. Your payment will be processed by Stripe, who collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies. We recommend you carefully review Stripe’s privacy policies and terms.
To use of our Services, we receive some information about your business, including the type of activities done and services offered by your business, through TypeForm , who collect, use and process your information, your answers, in accordance with their privacy policies. We recommend you carefully review Typeforms’s privacy policies and terms.
Using Our Solution:
We collect the following information when you use our Solution:
o Where we need to verify your identity (for example, if there are concerns around identity theft, or if you call into support and we need to authenticate your account), we may request that you provide us with government-issued identification information.
o We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making -- for example, we use certain personal information to help us screen accounts for risk or fraud concerns.
● We will also use personal information in other cases where you have given us your express permission
● Usage data and analytics, which may include the frequency of login, and the different types of activity undertaken by users to give them more related and better services.
● General Location information, such as IP address and the region in which you are located when you are logging in and using the Services to align our services accordingly, like language, time zone.
● Customer support questions, issues, and general feedback that you choose to provide.
● We collect data about the websites that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account and the Dime platform, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about how you browse through the Dime interface.
We use this information to give you access to and improve our Services; for example, to make our platform interface easier to use. We may also use this information to personalize the Services for you. Finally, we may use this information to provide you with advertising or marketing.
● We collect personal information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information.
● We also partner with third parties who provide us information about merchants or prospective merchants, for example to help us screen out merchants associated with fraud.
● Dime works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide you with our Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
● We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
o to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
o to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
o to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
● Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
● Dime will always ask for your consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section.
● Dime is responsible for all onward transfers of personal information to third parties in accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
● As you visit or browse the Dime website, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about the cookies installed on your device. We also collect personal information submitted by you via any messaging feature available from any of our websites (“Messaging Feature”).
● From telephone support users, we collect your phone number, call audio, and other personal information you provide us during our call. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our call to verify your identity.
● From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, chat transcript, and other personal information you provide us during our chat. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our chat to verify your identity.
We use this information to verify your account, to provide and enhance our Services (including supporting or servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
● We collect this information when you visit Dime, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
● We may also use web beacons, software development kits, and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
● Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
● Dime allows those who use our services to connect with third party applications to alter or provide new functionalities in their store. Dime is not responsible for and has no control over how these apps function.
● In general, we keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us. We purge personal information 90 days after receiving a deletion request.
● Dime acts as a data processor on behalf of our customers.
● Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes such as to defend a contractual claim or for audit purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request.
● We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
● We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for marketing or sales purposes.
● We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
● We perform annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines.
● No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Dime works with merchants and users around the world, including in the EEA. If you are located in the EEA, your personal information is processed by Discovery Digital Ltd.
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, or object to certain uses of your personal data. Please reach out to us using the contact information below.
If you are unhappy with the response that you receive from us we hope that you would contact us to resolve the issue but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction at any time.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above, unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organisational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
If you are located in the EEA or in Switzerland, and believe that your personal information has been used in a manner that is not consistent with the relevant privacy policies listed above, please contact us using the information below. If your complaint or dispute remains unresolved, you may also contact the International Centre for Dispute Resolution®, the international division of the American Arbitration Association® (ICDR/AAA). This organization provides independent dispute resolution services, at no charge to you. ICDR/AAA can be contacted at http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html.
If, after attempting to resolve a dispute through ICDR/AAA, you feel that your concerns about the use of your personal information have not been resolved, you may seek resolution of the issue through binding arbitration. For more information about the binding arbitration process, please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov.
Under data protection law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out above. For additional information on your rights please contact your data protection authority and see below.
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this policy.
You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it). This will enable you, for example, to check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law. If you wish to access the information we hold about you in this way, please get in touch (see Contact Details).
You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold by contacting us (see Contact Details).
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of certain of the information that we hold about you by contacting us (see Contact Details).
You have rights to 'block' or 'suppress' further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
You have the right to obtain your personal information in an accessible and transferable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes across different service providers. This is not a general right however and there are exceptions. To learn more please get in touch (see Contact Details).
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with the national data protection authority.
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see Contact Details). Withdrawing consent will not however make unlawful our use of your information while consent had been apparent.
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling. You can object by changing your marketing preferences, disabling cookies and getting in touch at email@example.com
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us by filling out this form, or by using the contact details below.
Dime Digital, attn: Data Protection Officer
41 Torridon House Churchfield Road
London W3 6GR
Last updated: June 12, 2020